Code of conduct
Our hackathon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, physical ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, previous hackathon attendance, or computing experience (or lack of any of the aforementioned). We do not tolerate harassment of hackathon participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any hackathon venue, including hacks, talks, workshops, parties, social media and other online media. Hackathon participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the hackathon without a refund (if applicable) at the discretion of the hackathon organizers.
Terms and Conditions
- The participant (“Participant”) of the eny Hackathon Program (“Program”) shall agree that the Program will be held to contribute to proposing new uses for eny.
- At the end of the Program, Participant shall (i) deliver the report and related deliverables (“Submission”) providing his/her idea and concept to contribute to proposing new uses of eny, and (ii) return prototype of eny leased during the program.
- The Submission must be original and unpublished.
- The Submission must be designed and developed by the Participant.
- Participant needs to own the copyright and other rights to the Submissions and contents thereon.
- Participant shall guarantee the organizer and cosponsor of the Program that the rights of respective works have been processed in advance for avoiding copyright violations if works copyrighted by a third party, such as image, video, icon, logo, other data are used by being mashed up with the contents of the Submission, or if an open source library is used for developing submissions.
- There is no restriction on nationality, age, resident area, etc. for entry into the Program. Minor Participant shall obtain the permission of a guardian.
- Participant shall pay the participation program fee as separately suggested by the organizer.
- Expenses for establishing the development environment and execution of such environment, for the obtaining and use of eny for evaluation, and its ancillary expenses, and for applying to the Program (e.g. network provider subscription fees and communication expenses) shall all be borne by Participant.
- Submissions and its contents developed for the Program are prohibited to be applied to another program or contest.
- Submissions and its contents developed for the Program shall not be authorized, released, distributed, etc. as the official applications, services, and gadgets of any of the following: organizer, cosponsor(s), and cooperating organization(s).
- The enclosure eny itself, 3D model data and/or cloud API and all other APIs provided for this Program by the organizer are subject to suspension of their provision and specification changes without prior notice to Participant for the reasons of the organizer or cosponsor.
- In cases cited below,organizer may (i) terminate the use ofeny, and/or Participant participation of the Program, and (ii) suspend any further use ofeny, and/or any part of the Program and/or Submission by Participant.
- Cases in which Participant violate public order
- Cases in which Participant, Submission, or contents of Submission breach or are threaten to breach the laws and ordinances, etc.
- Cases in which Submission, or contents of Submission violate or threaten to violate the intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark, right to honor and dignity, right to privacy, portrait right and other rights of the organizer, cosponsor or a third party
- Cases in which Participant submit false statements on their applications
- Cases in which Participant obstruct the smooth implementation of the Program
- Cases in which Participant and Participant’s participation of the Program are considered to defeat the purpose of the Program by the organizer
- When a problem occurs related to entry's or Participant’s infringement of intellectual property rights, the right to honor and dignity, right to privacy, portrait right, and other rights by any chance, the Participant shall solve the problems on their own at their own expense. If the organizer and cosponsor or a third party suffer damage for any cause attributable to Participant, the Participant shall be responsible for indemnification and payment of the damages.
- The intellectual property rights of the entries, etc. are held by the Participant. However, the Participant shall grant the organizer and cosponsor a royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to display publicly, reproduce, modify, create derivative works and use for promotional purposes the Submission and the contents of Submission, including the use for publication, advertisement and announcement irrespective of tools and methods such as paper, broadcast and electronic media, etc. in US and overseas.
- Participant may publicize their application to the Program on their own website, SNS, etc. However, Participant shall not pretend that their entries were developed, authorized and recommended by organizer.
- Organizer and cosponsor may use the names of Participant, Submission, their names (real names or the pseudonyms the Participant have specified at the time of the Program entry), in paper, electronic and other publication medium for public relations, advertisement and announcement in Japan and overseas.
- The Program may be subject to suspension or termination for certain reasons without prior notice. If the Program is suspended or terminated, the organizer and cosponsor of the Program shall not be responsible for the expenses paid by the Participant for the application of the Program before they are notified of the suspension or termination of the Program.
- This Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without prior notice if the organizer decides that they need to be changed.
- Participant shall agree that their Submission will not be returned to them